Newport News is a metropolis in Virginia, and it is known for its large and prevalent shipbuilding industry. The Newport News Shipbuilding industry was founded in 1886 and it has built over eight hundred ships over the years. When you work in an industry so vast, there is always a chance of getting injured. The good news is that the Virginia workers’ compensation is there to protect your present and the future. You might need Newport News workers’ compensation lawyers to get the rightful compensation.
You may ask why you need a lawyer to get your rightful compensation – Read this quick article to understand why it’s important.
Things to Do After You Have Been Injured at your Workplace
- Report the injury to your Newport News-based employer. It is their duty to report your injury to their insurance company. One should report an injury within thirty days and not beyond that. If you miss this window, you will miss getting the compensation too.
- It’s no-fault insurance, so please don’t think you are at fault. If the injury was caused at your workplace, you must report it and expect compensation in Virginia.
- You will get medical expenses, lost wages, and death benefits. So, make sure you or your loved ones file for the workers’ compensation.
Compelling Reasons for Hiring a Newport News Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
- They’re trained and experienced negotiators. When you hire an experienced lawyer in Newport News, they are aware of the state laws and can negotiate like a PRO.
- The workers’ compensation lawyer will connect all the evidence and ensure that the ball is in your court. Now please note that any injury caused deliberately or intentionally by the worker is not a ground for getting the claim. The insurance adjuster might deny such a claim.
- The lawyer will ensure that the worker gets full compensation. They will calculate the lost wages and also the medical expenses. Keeping all the losses in mind, they will analyze how much the worker needs for the present and future.
You must hire a good lawyer in Newport News. Check their ratings, reviews, and try to get recommendations as well. Getting compensation is not as easy as it seems. The insurance adjusters try to save the company’s money. So, it is best to let a lawyer deal with this situation.