Ever since the coronavirus has made its way into our lives, masks have become an essential item of our everyday life. Whenever an individual plans to go out of his house, he has to carry the mask along with the other items.
Mask is one of the important measures to prevent the transmission of the virus and save lives. Along with masks, physical distancing, close contact setting, cleaning hands, and covering every cough and sneeze are important things to do. You will get various kinds of masks available in the market, which includes N95, cloth, surgical, and FFP2 face mask. Before you use any of the masks, you should understand the considerations of using them.
What Should You Know About The Masks?
Following are some of the considerations that would be good to know before using a mask:
- People whose age is 2years and above should wear masks when people are around and they are in a public setting. If you are interacting with people who do not live in your household, you should mandatorily wear a mask.
- Masks offer protection to the person who is wearing them and to those who are around them. In case the coronavirus unknowingly affects you, the mask can stop you from spreading it to others.
- You should always remember that masks are not a substitute for social distancing. Social distancing should be practiced even when you are wearing a mask. It is better to stay at least 6 feet away from the other person.
- You should keep your hands clean before touching and removing your mask. FFP2 mask manufacturer suggests that everyone should wash his or her hands with water and soap for 20 seconds. Alternatively, you can use a hand sanitizer, which has 60% alcohol content.
- You may choose not to use the mask when you are outside, but all by yourself or with people who live with you in your house. If you are not interacting with others, you can keep the mask away. However, there are some localities or places where the mask is mandatory and you have to follow the rules.
- If you have a breathing problem, you should try to avoid wearing the mask. If you cannot tolerate the mask and it affects your respiration, just do not wear it.
The disease of Covid 19 spreads from one person to the other through respiratory droplets. The droplets can travel into the air when you talk, shout, sneeze, or cough. Masks form a barrier and prevent the respiratory droplets from reaching other people.