Introducing a new digital health ID card in India has been a game-changer tactic in the public health sector. This new digital health card was introduced under the shed of the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) and the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
The simple objection behind introducing this ID card is that it will help health ID holders, hospitals, and insurance companies access their customer’s health records securely through the digital platform.
To create health ID, you need to understand what the digital health card means.
What is this digital card all about?
A Digital Health ID Card is a digital version of a traditional health insurance card. It provides a secure and accessible method of storing and sharing important medical information and health insurance details.
If you are willing to have accessible health records digitally, you should create health ID card. The card can be accessed through a mobile app or a web portal and easily shared with healthcare providers during doctor visits or emergencies. The use of digital health ID cards can also reduce the need for patients to carry physical cards or hefty genuine documents from place to place.
It includes a randomly generated 14-digit number used for citizen identification, verification and seamless access to health records throughout the healthcare systems. It is a process that is carried out with consent.
What are the types you can create this card?
Creating the ABHA digital health ID card readily applies to some of your basic information. You can create health ID with your Aadhaar card or mobile number. Once your ID card is generated, you can link all your health records.
In general, there are three ways of creating this digital card. But before, you need to know the source from where you can generate this health card.
To proceed with the application procedures, you need to know the following sources:
- You can apply at the official website of NDHM or the mobile health records application.
- These application procedures are even applicable at partner health communities like clinics, health centers, and private or public hospitals.
- To begin your application, you can use your mobile number, Aadhar number or driving license.
1- Through Aadhar-
To create health ID through an Aadhar card, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/ and choose to Generate your ID.
- Next, you need to choose the information type through which you are applying. In the Aadhar card, you need to choose to Generate via Aadhar.
- Here you need to enter the number on the page before you submit.
- On your registered mobile number, you will receive an OTP.
- The next step is to enter the OTP and your details.
- You need to add details before you select your username or password.
- Later, you need to log in with your new username and password and give your address after that.
- Once you enter all the details, your digital health ID will be created.
- Download your health ID, and you are done!
2- Through Mobile number-
To create health ID via mobile number, follow these steps:
- Head to https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/ and choose Generate ID.
- Next, you need to choose to Click Here if you select generate ID without personal documents.
- Enter your mobile number, and you will receive an OTP, enter the same on the page.
- Key in your details and select your username and password.
- Login with new details and give your address.
- Download the generated health ID Card.
3- Through Driving License-
For the application procedure through the driving license, the steps are as follows:
- Go to https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/, the same website, and select Generate ID.
- Next, before, it was selected Generate via Aadhar. Now it is generated via a driving license.
- A pop-up will appear where you will get information on how your enrolment number will be received once you provide your personal information.
- Take that enrolment number to any nearby facility, and you get your health ID card handed.
Through these steps and available documents, you can create health id card easily with easily accessible resources.
Go through the site above-mentioned now to create your health ID. It’s an open portal to all Indian citizens without any strict guidelines.