Obesity is a curse to human mankind. And recently it has become one of the complex diseases which increase the risk of other health problems. Therefore losing weight has become a concern among people. It is easier to put on weight than lose it.
It has been observed that if you shed some of your body weights you not only look good, but some of the other health issues get cured without medical aid. Even after much try, people sometimes people are not able to lose weight. Let’s find out the probable reasons.
- Not getting enough sleep – When you are trying to lose weight, along with proper diet and exercise, you need eight hours of sound sleep. Sleep is essential for both mental and physical health. Lack of sleep could hinder your weight loss progress.
- Dehydration – Drinking an appropriate amount of water can help you burn more calories. It keeps you hydrated, fills your stomach so that you don’t feel hungry and also helps with digestion.
- Low Metabolism – Sometimes no matter how healthy you eat, you suffer from low metabolism rate. And this hurts your weight loss.
- Stress – Your everyday life is full of stress due to work at the office, household work, children and other responsibilities. Due to stress, you are not able to sleep well and you end up eating more. These lead to weight gain.
- Too many cheat diets – Cheat diet is when you are allowed to eat unhealthy food. Sometimes you tend to break rules and have your cheat diets more often. And you suddenly end up gaining some extra pounds.
- Consumption of alcohol – Alcoholic beverages is generally high in calories. Therefore, if you are trying to lose weight it is better to stick to moderate drinking.
- Less intake of protein – Protein is an important nutrient for weight loss. It helps to boost metabolism. Low protein intake may bring your weight loss efforts to a standstill.
- More sugar intake – Sugar again is high on calorie. And it often makes up a significant portion of people’s calorie intake. So a better idea would be to cut down on the sugary beverages.
- Binge eating – Binge eating means eating a large amount of food, more than your body needs. It’s the common side effect of dieting. Some even binge on healthy food. Remember how healthy the food may be, its calorie still counts.
Are You Still Struggling To Lose Your Weight? A change in your lifestyle and self-discipline would help you achieve your goal in no time.