Spa test packages make the upkeep easier by providing whatever you require to gauge as well as comprehend the SPA chemicals as well as alkalinity degrees of your hot tub’s water, making it very easy to establish any modifications you require to make.
- Fill the spa with water as well as increase the water temperature until it reaches 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Include an enzyme-based water clarifier to the water together with two ounces of tarnish and scale control chemicals per 500 gallons of water.
- Measure the water’s overall alkalinity before measuring or adjusting your pH levels; include alkalinity enhancing or lowering chemicals, as needed, to reach alkalinity between 100 as well as 150 ppm. Add 1 ounce of alkaline adjusting chemicals at a time and allow the water to cycle for thirty minutes before retesting. Keep in mind that total alkalinity, as well as pH, are not the very same thing, although they relate. If your spa’s complete alkalinity readings are out of the acceptable variety, it will be really challenging to control the tub’s pH levels.
- Test the pH level of the water with the pH examination strips consisted of your health facility examination package. The wanted pH is between 7.2 and 8.2. If your pH drops outside this array, add a pH to enhance or reduce chemical half an ounce at a time, once more waiting half an hour before checking the pH degree once more.
- Choose a chlorine or bromine water sanitizer as well as include it to the spa. Add chlorine or liquid bromine directly to the water, or area bromine tablets into the drifting dispenser system. Wait half an hour and check the water, adding more bromine or chlorine one-half ounce each time until the amount of complementary bromine, as well as chlorine in the water, is between 3 as well as 5 ppm. Whatever sanitizer you select, following its addition to the hot tub with a potassium monopersulfate health spa shock treatment.