What is Paleo Diet?
The term paleo diet comes from the Paleolithic era. This dietary plan is based on the foods which were consumed by our ancestors around 2.5 million years ago when everything was cultivated naturally. Thus paleo diet includes food items such as lean meat, fresh fruits and vegetables, seeds and nuts and many other kinds of food items that can be obtained by hunting.
People often get consider farmed items as a part of paleo diet as well but that is not true. Dietary products, grains and legumes are not a part of paleo diet as they emerged after farming become common around 10,000 years ago.
Many people do not agree with paleo diet as they find it not healthy or suitable for today’s lifestyle. That is because they often don’t understand the purpose behind paleo diet. The whole concept behind adopting paleo diet is to make everything simple and natural just like the way in was in the time of early humans.
The idea is to take away all the chemicals, preservatives and additives and put them aside. According to the individuals who believe in paleo diet, farming gave rise to products such as legumes, dairy products and grains which created a mismatch in our bodies that outpaced its ability to adapt to change. This mismatch is said to be responsible for diseases such as heart disorders, obesity, diabetes and etc.
Paleo Diet Benefits
Individuals tend to follow paleo diet because it offers a number of health benefits which reduces one’s chances of getting multiple diseases especially the ones linked to obesity. So if you are unsure of whether you should follow paleo diet or not then read through the benefits. They will for sure convenience you to try it out.
- Food items you consume would be free of chemicals (pesticides), preservatives and additives which are linked to a number of fatal diseases.
- Naturally cultivated fruits and vegetables along with nuts and seeds are packed with anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Lean meat is packed with iron which is great for your blood.
- Paleo diet promotes a healthy lifestyle as you will be consuming meals packed with high level of proteins and fats.
- Since you will have specific food choices thus it also helps you lose weight.
- You can always explore new options and add snacks such as paleo snickerdoodle cookies delivery to your list for a change of taste.
These are only a few of the benefits. Once you start following the paleo diet, you will notice that you feel much more active and energized throughout the day due to healthy meals that you consume. So if you look at it, paleo diet is not just a dietary plan but is a way of life which helps you feel connected to our ancestors.