Nowadays many people are getting addicted to alcohol and drugs. Most people start consuming alcohol to get over their trauma, but with time they get more and more addicted to it. Which can be proved as fatal to them as excessive alcohol leads to permanent liver damage and hepatitis etc. So, here we are going to discuss dual disorders.
Where to get the best alcoholism treatment?
There are many medication programs and rehabilitation centers like San FernandoValley Rehab that help treat the increasing rate of alcoholism in people.
However, not all treatments are effective hence it is very difficult to choose the best rehab centreone. The concise recoverystudies the condition of each patient and treats them according to their problem.
About dual diagnosis disorder
Dual diagnosis is a condition in which the patient suffers from both mental illness and addiction to any substance like drugs, alcohol, etc. However, they are linked to each other and one of them can be fixed by fixing another one. Here they are associated witheach other.Here are some of the examples of the most common dual diagnosis disorders:
- Bipolar disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Anxiety disorder
Factors affecting the dual diagnosis disorder
Certain underlying facts contributetoward dual diagnosis disorders. Let’s discuss them:
- Personality: a person’s personality can also contribute to his addiction toalcohol or any other substances.
- Genetics: sometimes genes create a certain disposition that makes a person more down towards addictive substances.
- Brain chemistry: the dopamine level in our brain is greatly affected by such addictive substances. When they were taken frequently this affects the brain and hence the other functions that the brain does.
Outcomeof dual diagnosis disorder
The dual diagnosis not only affects the physical condition of the body, but also the mental and social condition of a person too. Let’s have an idea about how such a disorder is affecting a person’s life:
- Physical impact: Such addictive substance abuse can lead to fatty liver, hepatitis, heart and blood diseases, stroke, cancer, liver cirrhosis or fatty liver, etc.
- Emotional and mental impact: it weakens a person’s willpower making that person more prone to depression, anxiety, stress, and even suicidal thoughts.
- Social impact: such disorders greatly affect the social life of a person. As they start thinking it’s hard to get communicate with others and hence they distanced themselves from others.
Treatment for dual diagnosis disorder
The treatment should be according to the patient’s problem and not on an average basis. Also, it should deal with both the addiction issues as well as the mental issues. The person could take helpfrom various treatment centers dedicated for this particular disorder.
As the person is already fighting with their dual problem they should not be left out and should be taken good care of. They can get the best treatment with proper treatment at the treatment centers.