First aid basics are essential knowledge to everyone, The simplest training allows you to prevent complications and lethal outcomes of any emergency issues you may face anytime. AED or automated external defibrillator is a helpful tool you can exploit while providing first aid. It is simple to use and its working principles and exploitation can be explored and learned thoroughly in the simplest erste hilfe kurs. Yet, it can be a matter of life and death if you can use AED properly and save someone’s life.
Why to Use
The AED is applied when the person suffers from sudden cardiac arrest. In this case the heartbeat loses its rhythm and undergoes vertical fibrillation. It can lead to lethal outcomes if a defibrillator is not used. The automated defibrillator doesn’t require specialized training to be exploited, it delivers clear voice instructions to provide first aid. After an AED application you can head on to CPR until the medical specialists are there to help.
How to Use
AED is attainable in public places and can be easily used without medical education or special assistance. So, if you encounter someone collapse in the public place and the AED is located nearby, do the following:
- Check the breathing and a pulse.
- If you cannot feel either, call for an emergency.
- Turn on the AED and follow the instructions.
- Place the pads on the chest, let the heart rate be measured, and deliver the shock if required.
- Perform CPR afterwards if needed. The AED will deliver instructions on CPR as well.
- Repeat AED and CPR several times, if the situation demands it, before the emergency services come to help.
Once you learn the first aid basics (erste hilfe kurse münchen) and feel confident while applying your skills and knowledge, your help might be crucial in saving someone’s life and preventing further complications.