In today’s world, Gonstead chiropractic is increasing in popularity because its central concept is aimed at the areas of the spine. Specifically, most chiropractors are incredibly familiar with the human body’s foundation and utilize it to rectify joint dysfunctions and many musculoskeletal disorders. Therefore, from plenty of techniques and methods in chiropractic, this specific technique of Gonstead is used by highly rated chiropractors because it more accurately focuses on any issues with the body’s structural foundation and intervertebral discs.
How is Gonstead Chiropractic different?
The traditional chiropractic method usually treats health concerns with the neuromusculoskeletal system. It takes the pressure off the nervous system and restores functions of the spine and peripheral joints. But the Gonstead chiropractic system considers all elements of a patient’s health and goes through a much deeper analysis. This helps the Gonstead chiropractor to know the exact points to focus on to correct subluxations of the spine. Most chiropractors do not require an x-ray during the initial consultation, while a Gonstead chiropractor requires one to better determine where alignment is needed.
Another difference in both methods is that regular chiropractic examines the patients with their clothing on. Still, a typical Gonstead chiropractor requires the patient without the dress to determine in detail. Most other chiropractors usually use one type of table with a drop in the middle. Still, in Gonstead Chiropractic, the practitioner uses a high as well as a low table and sometimes a knee-chest table to examine the patient thoroughly. The system of Gonstead Chiropractic requires a high level of mastery, skill, and practice so that the patients get the best care and best outcomes.
How are Gonstead chiropractors different from the usual chiropractors?
As all Chiropractors are concerned with diagnosing and treating the patient, the Gonstead Chiropractors are trained and confident to carry out relevant diagnostic tests and execute the appropriate health care plan. It began when Dr. Clarence Gonstead developed the Gonstead System and introduced Chiropractors to ensure effective case management. All worldwide Chiropractors use various techniques to align the parts of the spine. But chiropractors who specialize in practicing the Gonstead Method assist patients in achieving optimum health by treating the root cause.
Thus, the Gonstead chiropractors take their practice to the next level and serve their patients best with their many years of dedication, perseverance, and additional training. Gonstead System is one of the most respected chiropractic techniques, where to earn their qualifications, practitioners have to go through rigorous learning. They must spend some allotted hours training in this technique and have a strong foundation in established chiropractic principles. After this process, the practitioner is certified as a Gonstead Chiropractor by the Gonstead Clinical Studies Society.
What Does a Gonstead Chiropractor Do?
A Gonstead Chiropractor is adept at identifying misalignments and using a more complex system; they examine the patient in the following ways:
- X-Ray Analysis: Using the X-ray films, the Gonstead chiropractor will evaluate the spine and check for any vertebral misalignments. With the assessment findings, a Gonstead practitioner will adjust and refer proper treatment to get the patient back to optimal health.
- Visualization: To get a proper idea of the cause, a Gonstead Chiropractor will also use visualization to cross-reference the posture and movement. For example, they will check whether the spine is rotated out of its normal position, and with this observation, they will indicate specific changes.
- Instrumentation: Using the latest tools and instruments like Nervoscope, a Gonstead Chiropractor can add nerve pressure up and down the spine and provide uneven heat distribution to detect the inherent inflammation.
- Motion Palpation: The Gonstead Chiropractor will tell the patient to move and bend at various angles in this method. This will help chiropractors analyze and see how comfortable their spine is to move in different directions.
- Static Palpation: A Gonstead Chiropractor practitioner will check the spine by palpating the spine and surrounding muscles to detect any potential tightness, abnormal texture, tenderness, or swelling around the area.
A Gonstead Chiropractor incorporates elements of the chiropractic system and practices various personalized combination techniques depending on the consultation and examination of the patient. Their primary objective is to assist them in accomplishing their health goals, so with a comprehensive approach to their health-related goals, they perform a thorough analysis while treating the spine. Thereby with a correct Gonstead technique, they apply to the problematic places efficiently and lead the patient back to wellness. Thus, it is safe to say that the Gonstead doctors are “disc doctors “who offer the most efficient and effective chiropractic care services.