The health of your eyes is very important when compared to all the other senses of your body. It helps in improving your happiness and well-being. All the creatures in the universe collect eighty percent of the information only through their eyes. Hence it is a must to take care of your eye health by consulting a doctor often. Most eye diseases are not giving an early symptom. One of the most common types of eye problems is Retinal Detachment. A lot of people have suffered from this disease in recent days. In order to avoid this, you need to get proper care of your eye. Now let us gain some additional information about this in the following section.
Diagnosing the retinal detachment condition
The first and foremost step after knowing that you are having the symptom of Retinal Detachment is Diagnose. You need to visit your nearby hospital to check. The eye doctors or consultants may use the following test and procedures in order to diagnose them.
- Retinal examination
They may use a tool with bright light and some lenses to know the inner part of your eye including the retina. This helps in finding any tear, hole or detachment that is found in your eyes.
- Ultrasound Imaging
Doctors may use this technique if they are not able to see the retina because of bleeding that occurred on your eyes.
Retinal detachment treatment
If they find there is a detachment in your eyes, then they recommend you to have surgery. It is a normal process for every eye problem. There are many surgeries available in order to treat this disease. It all depends on how severe your detachment will be. The surgeons may recommend the following types of surgeries for your disease,
- Injecting air or gas into your eye
- Indenting the surface of your eye
- Draining and replacing the fluid in the eye
After the treatment, your vision took several weeks or months to improve. In order to get successful surgery, you need a second surgery. You need to maintain several regulations once your surgery is done. You need to avoid direct contact with your fingers on your eyes. You have given several eye drops and regular activities to do.
Preventive measures to avoid retinal detachment
You cannot prevent retinal tears and detachments. But you need to follow the following measures to decrease the risk factor.
- You should be aware of the warning symptoms of any disease regarding eyes.
- If you feel any kind of symptoms, immediately visit your nearby eye clinic
- If you are having a family history of eye disease, then you need to have regular checkups and eye examination
- You should always wear safety goggles while playing or doing any sports activities
- Always wear sunglasses while going out of your home. It helps in preventing direct contact of the sun rays to your eyes
If you are following the preventive measures, then you will definitely lower the risk of having eye-related problems.