The most recent advancement in dentistry is the cosmetic dentistry. It is generally referred to any dental work improving the complete appearance of your teeth. It targets the enhancement of dental aesthetics such as the size, shape, color, alignment, position and the overall appearance. These days, dentists like First Impressions Dentistry refer to themselves as cosmetic dentists. It doesn’t matter which particular stream of education, area of expertise, experience and training you possess in the field of dentistry.
The following list tells you about various options in cosmetic dentistry:
- Teeth Whitening: It is also known as tooth bleaching. This process is very safe, easy and quick. These days, people normally opt for laser whitening.
- Reshaping: Tooth reshaping improves one’s appearance by removing parts of enamel. The process includes realigning a small chip, altering the length, position or shape of your teeth or correct longer and crooked teeth.
- Bonding: It is a process of application of an enamel-like composite dental material on the surface of your tooth. Later, its’ sculpted into shape, hardened and polished after some time.
- Bridging: In dental bridging, ones or more teeth can be replaced. Space in the middle of two teeth is prepared by reshaping the natural teeth supporting the dental bridge.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a permanent solution to your missing teeth and low-confidence smile. The implant device which is called titanium is inserted into your jawbone which gives it a very strong hold. Once the process of abutment is over, the artificial denture is covered with a dental crown.
- Veneers: Veneer is a process mostly used by Hollywood personalities.A custom-made porcelain covering is directly applied to your natural teeth. This option is well-known for closing gaps or change in the color of teeth. This gives a unique and yet equally attractive appearance to your smile