Out of all the surgeries sleeve gastrectomy in Baltimore is one of the most common ones. Given below are some tips for sleeve gastrectomy that Baltimore patients must consider.
- Keep Close Contact With Your Bariatric Surgeon:
Keeping a close contact with your surgeon or with somebody who has undergone sleeve gastrectomy in Baltimore previously is very important. Ask them for tips and advice for preparation. It will help you go through the procedure with ease
- Quit Smoking Before Surgery:
It is imperative to quit smoking and tobacco at least three months before the surgery to ensure zero risks during the surgery and prevent the post- operative complications.
- Alcohol And Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
Unlike smoking you don’t have to quit alcohol completely. However, to avoid an upset stomach during surgery, you must avoid drinking at least one weak before the surgery.
- What To Eat Before Surgery:
Before the day of surgery, it is recommended that you avoid eating any solid food items. Rest consult with your physician for further instructions.
- How To Prepare Mentally Before Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
It is recommended that psychological
evaluation of the patient should be performed to determine that there is no contraindication to undergo the procedure.
- How To Physically Prepare Before Surgery:
The failure to exercise before surgery would not affect the surgical procedure. The role of exercise is just to make your mind active and relaxed.
- Hospital Checklist:
Keep all the essentials like comfortable clothes, slippers, laptop, daily medications and other stuff which you require.
- What To Do At Home Before Surgery:
The patient should take ample of rest and meet with others who have undergone the procedure before to get more comfortable.
- Preoperative Evaluation Before Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
The Assessment Before Surgery Is As Important As The Surgery Itself. All The Tests Required Should Be Done By The Hospital Staff And Doctors To Help Successful Surgery.
- Lean On To Your Loved Ones And Talk To Them About The
Procedure And Its Implications:
It will keep anxieties at a bay.
- Have Your Groceries Ready At Home For When You Return
You may get discharge within 3-5 days post surgeries and as soon as you return back home you would need the supplies ready. Ensure to keep your home stocked before hospitalisation so that you don’t have to rush after returning back.
- Give Your Surgeon All Your Medical Records
Before finalising the surgery, present your surgeon with entire medical history along with the medications you’re taking.
- Stop Every Medication Your Surgeon Tell You
Some of the medicines might interact with your surgical procedure and hence must be stopped. So make sure to discontinue the use as soon as your surgeon asks you.
- Look For Suitable Presentations Of Medications After Your Surgery
Post surgery you might have to take multiple doses of a number of meds for a healthier recovery. Keep your medicine box ready and equipped to handle the same with zero errors.
- It Is Advisable To Join Support Groups After Your Procedure
Support groups can help you discuss and know more about the recovery journey.
- Research Everything You Can About The Procedure
Your physician will elaborate to you the procesure, complications etc however, you must do your research as well. Enquire from experienced people and other knowledgeable resources.
- Get To Know Your Surgeon:
It Is Very Beneficial To Know Your Surgeon And Be Comfortable With Them Before The Procedure.
- If You Are An Foreign Patient Plan An Appointment With Your Pcp:
It Is Likely That A Few Weeks After Surgery You Will Need An Adjustment In Medication. So It Is Advised To Keep In Touch With Your Gp Or Pcp.