Cancer is one of the most uncertain diseases and can happen to anyone at any age. Recently Hollywood celebrity Chadwick Boseman, who played Black Panther’s role, passed away due to colon cancer.
Practically no one can stop cancer, but some foods are medically proven to reduce the risk of cancer. Our senior oncologist in Delhi, Dr. Vikas Goswami, suggests adding the below food items in your diet to reduce the risk of getting cancer.
- Carrots- Several types of research and study have found that carrot is an essential part of reducing cancer risk. People who use carrots in their daily diet have been staying fit and healthy and preventing cancer. Carrots contain a good source of beta carotene, carotenoids, Phenolic acids (including chlorogenic acids), Polyacetylenes (such as falcarinol), and Vitamin A, which can help a person to fight against cancer. Beta carotene reduces the risk of lung cancer; carotenoids reduce the risk of Lung and estrogen receptor-negative (ER-) breast cancers. Non-starchy vegetables may reduce the risk of Breast and Bladder cancer. Research shows that a person who eats carrots two times a day is associated with 18% fewer chances of developing prostate, lung, and stomach cancer. An analysis shows that eating carrots may reduce the risk of stomach cancer as 26%.
- Beans- Beans are rich in fiber, micronutrients, and antioxidants, which makes them important food choices for many reasons, including his possible anticancer properties, which prevents colorectal, breast, and prostate cancer Monroe la.
- Broccoli- Broccoli contains Sulforaphane, a plant found in cruciferous vegetables that may have too many anticancer properties. Cruciferous vegetables contain isothiocyanate compounds, which remain in the body longer and provide more benefits in some people than in others. Broccoli contains dietary fiber, which reduces the risk of colorectal cancer. Research shows that Sulforaphane, a natural compound derived from broccoli/broccoli sprouts, reduced the size and number of breast cancer cells by up to 75%.
- Turmeric- Turmeric has a variety of health benefits. Curcumin, a main active ingredient in turmeric, may have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and even anticancer effects, which may decrease the spread of colon cancer cells by targeting enzymes that are related to the growth of cancer. In various researches, it is shown that Curcumin is also helpful in killing the cells of head and neck cancer disease. It is also effective in reducing the growth of lung, breast, and prostate cancer cells.
- Nuts- Nuts also play a major role in preventing certain types of cancers. Nuts contain antioxidants, which are known as polyphenols, which may protect body cells. Eating nuts decreased the risk of dying from cancer and protecting from colorectal, pancreatic, and endometrial cancers researchIf you have any doubt that you have any symptoms of cancer, get a quick colon cancer screening in Birmingham AL and clear your doubts before it gets too late. To get more advice on cancer, please connect with Dr. Vikas Goswami, who is one of the most reputed oncologist in Ghaziabad and Delhi NCR. Peoples who eat nuts regularly had a 42% improvement in disease-free-survival and 57% in overall survival. It also reduces the risk of breast cancer of women by 80%.