CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is a component of cannabis, derived from the hemp plant. It is not psychoactive, which means that the user may not feel any effects like euphoria. It is used mostly for medical reasons. It helps in treating some childhood epilepsy syndromes like Davet syndrome. It is used as a medication for seizures.
CBD is commonly used as a remedy for issues like anxiety and insomnia. It is effective in making the user fall and remains asleep. It is also a good option to treat chronic pain. CBD has reduced the pain caused by major issues that are otherwise difficult, or even impossible to treat. It can be taken in the form of pills, powders, oils, or CBD transdermal patches. The user must make sure that they don’t use too much of CBD. Some users have experienced side effects like nausea, fatigue, and irritability.
What are transdermal patches?
Transdermal patches are patches that contain medicine and are to be attached to your skin. Your body gradually absorbs the drug from the patch. These patches are comfortable substitutes for pills and injections. Transdermal patches are easy to use, but they must be used properly for the body to receive the full effects. So here are some steps:
- Read the instructions on the patch. It will explain where you have to apply the patch and for how long.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or sanitise them.
- If you are replacing an older patch, remove the patch by pulling one of the edges and throwing it into a closed trashcan after folding it.
- Clean the skin where the patch is to be applied to clear any oil, lotion, dirt, or powders. Wash the skin with warm water or clear soap, and dry it.
- Do not use torn or damaged patches.
- Remove the protective liner of the patch and place the patch, sticky side down, on the clean area of the skin, and press down on it. Avoid any bumps or folds.
CBD Transdermal Patches
CBD transdermal patches deliver active hemp extract through the skin to the area of discomfort. Using a patch has more advantages like – it is not exposed to the stomach’s digestive processes, meaning that more of the drug reaches the bloodstream. The patch is also more convenient to use and lasts much longer – upto 4 days.
CBD patches start from about $15 and contain approximately 40g of the drug. Many different types of patches are available – CBD Sleep Patch, CBD Pain Patch, wellness patches, and more. These patches are available online on sites like CBD Market, Pure Kana, and Vaping360.