Online shopping is a form of electronic commerce which allows customers to directly buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet using a web browser or a mobile app.Customers can browse through merchandise and see options, such as color and size, at both the physical location and online. However, some trusted online store operate without a physical store.
Online stores usually enable users with search features to find specific models, brands, or items. While doing online shopping,customers must have access to the Internet and a valid method of payment to complete a transaction, like a credit card, a debit card, or a cash-on-delivery
Things offered by an online store
Product selection: Customers find a product of interest by visiting the retailer’s website directly or by searching among alternative vendors using a shopping search option. Once the desired product they found on the website of the seller. They can go to order the product after all the buying process is done. There is also a checkout process that follows in which the payment and delivery information is collected; some stores allow their consumers to sign up for a permanent online account so that all of this information only needs to be entered once. The consumer also receives an e-mail confirmation once the transaction is complete.
Mode of payment
- Billing to mobile phone
- Credit cards
- Debit card
- Cash on delivery
- Gift cards
Whyare customers attracted to online shopping?
Customers are attracted to online shopping not only because of high levels of convenience but also because of their broader selections, competitive pricing, and greater access to information. But because it also offers access to a worldwide market, increases customer value, and builds sustainable capabilities.
Why Shop Online?
- Saves time and effort.
- The convenience of shopping at home.
- A wide variety/range of products is available.
- Good discounts / lower prices.
- Get detailed information about the product.
- We can compare various models/brands.
Advantages of online shopping
- Convenience:Online stores are open 24/7, and people around the globe have internet access at work and home. It gives them the convenience of not stepping out from their busy schedule and making extra time for their shopping purpose. They can do all those stuff anytime they want; they don’t need to check out for their precious time for doing shopping.
- Review and information: The most crucial advantage is that we can check the product review or the information about the product sitting at home. The online seller describes each detail of their product, and they also provide their customer with an option like a review where they can write about the product they bought, whether the product was good or had any fault in them.
- Price and selection: Another great advantage of online stores isthat they provide the price with the product catalogthey show on their sites. This helps the customers to re- about their budget and go for the same product or something similar to that with low cost. They provide the user with so much variety that they can log out without buying 1-2 products that one of the main reasonsforonline stores’ popularity.