One way to be successful in a business venture is to target a market with high demand and limited supply.
This year we focus on the healthcare sector as a new hot spot for ambitious capitalists looking for something unique and fun.
So why is healthcare a place to invest?
Statistics reveal a lucrative market
Health-related spending in the US is predicted grow approximately 5.5 percentyearly through 2026. In fact, by the same year, the health industry is predicted to make up almost 20 percent of GDP in the US.
We could list statistics pointing to high demand all day; the aforementioned is only a hit of how the promising the market is.
So what are some out-standing and fun business ideas in the thriving healthcare sector?
Unique and Fun Business Ventures
- Health Records Management: Run a business that stores and manages medical databases for healthcare facilities.
- Medical Transcription Services:: Copy out written records from audio recordingsby health experts for health databases.
- Healthcare/medical app: Be creative, learn people’s health problems and create an app that can help solve it in one way or another.
- Medical Marijuana dispensary: Invest in multi-billion dollar industry if it is legal in your state.
- Occupational/physicaltherapist: Offer the physically injured a chanceto regain normal motion and emotionally broken people regain focus in a therapy facility.
- Drug and Rehab facility: With drug abuse still an sticking point problem all over the US, a rehab center is certainly an idea to execute.
- Diabetes care facility. Almost 10 percent of people in the US live with diabetes or are at the risk of developing it. Appropriate for high-population areas and anagedpopulation.
- Door-to-door healthcare service. Take healthcare to the patient’s home. Appropriate for areas with a high population of old persons.
- Child-delivery services: Bring new Americans to the world in a child-delivery facility.
- Make and sell custom stylish medical attire. If fashion is your thing, dare to think healthwise.
- Alternative Medical Services. There are many forms of alternative healthcare but massage therapy and acupuncture are the most common in the US.
- Footcare services. Many American’s would enjoy footcare services for the various foot-related conditions yet only a few exist.
- Nutrition and Diet Center. People are becoming more concern about what they eat. Plus, certain medical conditions requiring specific diets, and weight loss is still major concerns in the US.
This is not the end of the road. The healthcare sector offers many other opportunities for daring entrepreneurs. But these top 13 are an excellent place to begin.
Lastly, remember to do thorough research before diving into any business to avoid surprises.
Author Bio: Michael Hollis is a Detroit native who now lives in Los Angeles. He is an account executive who has helped hundreds of business owners with their merchant loan solutions. He’s experimented with various occupations: computer programming, dog-training, scientificating… But his favorite job is the one he’s now doing full time — providing business funding for hard working business owners across the country.