One of the tasks that is typically done on a routine basis in most blood banks or diagnostic clinics is gathering blood (and other body fluids) for testing. This task will require care because the smallest handling mistake would be enough to contaminate a specimen.
To ensure the risk of contamination is reduced, a blood tube stripper is used. Blood tubes strippers are used to strip blood bag tubes. One of its main functions is to ensure the anticoagulation of the blood in the blood bag tubing. This is done before preparing it for segmentation.
Nowadays, there are two kinds of blood tube strippers—automatic or electric powered and manual. Most of the clinics and blood banks prefer and use automatic strippers. The reason behind this is because they are more accurate and efficient. The device is also designed to:
- Be used for both left and right hand use
- Be used for various types of blood bag systems
- Allow quicker and complete stripping of blood bag tubes
Nowadays, the Automatic Tube Stripper TS08 is considered one of the most popular blood tube strippers available in the market. Some of the amazing features of the Automatic Tube Stripper TS08 include:
- Compatibility with all the commercial blood bag systems
- Ergonomic design
- Lightweight (to ensure easier handling)
- Redesigned tube holder (for better tube guidance)
- Stabilized power supply