Colonic irrigation is performed without anesthesia and lasts a total of 20-60 minutes. The entire process for colonic irrigation chiang mai is as mentioned following.
Three steps to the survey:
- Weak filler – contrast agent ruins the intestinal walls, its folds are clearly visible.
- Tight Filling – Contrast fills the intestines completely. This allows you to evaluate the general state of the body, its location, and the presence of foreign bodies.
- Double Contrast – Air is injected into the intestine and straightened from the folds of the body. Therefore, the intestinal walls are clearly visible, all formations, tumors, ulcers and polyps appear.
Order of procedure:
The subject sits on the couch by his side, bending his knees and pressing them on his stomach. Your doctor will take in the colonic barium sulfate solution. in performance of the colonic contrast agent the doctor will ask the patient to turn on its side, back, stomach. At the same time, the expert takes pictures.
Eventually, the patient clears the colonics and the doctor takes another picture. In double contrast irrigography, the empty intestine is full of air and the picture is taken again.
Interpretation of results
The results of the study are interpreted by a radiologist.
He can describe the following changes in the colon:
- Colonic movement relative to the normal position – intestinal transition. This may indicate the presence of an intraperitoneal tumor.
- Changes in mucosal relief. Speaks about the occurrence of inflammatory processes (Crohn’s disease, UC).
- The intestinal contraction (the presence of tumor processes). Often, the area of the intestine with the tumor looks like the apple’s core.
- expansion of the intestine (diverticulosis character).
- Occurrence of polyps and ulcers.
Sarcoma and adenocarcinoma (the picture clearly shows the difference between healthy and dying mucous membranes). The intestine of a healthy person is filled evenly, the physiological features are smooth and clearly visible. The mucosa has a feathery pattern.
Possible complications after intestinal irrigography
If the expert did everything right during the examination, the patient would not be at risk of dangerous consequences. In rare cases, the intestinal wall is torn and the contrast medium enters the abdominal cavity. In such a situation, the person is used immediately.
Our experienced chest discomfort of the rectal area are common for several hours after the examination. However, if the patient feels unwell for some time after irrigation, you should immediately go to the hospital.
You should call an ambulance if the following symptoms appear:
- high temperature
Within a few days after colonic irrigation feces can contain patches of white, which is absolutely normal. The use of a large amount of fluid helps to quickly remove residues of contrast agent in the intestine.
Colonic irrigation: what it is, how it is done, the preparation of
The intestine is an important part of the human body, which is responsible for both the digestive process and the excretion of feces from the body.
It consists of several parts:
In the small intestine:
- Duodenum – Eaten food comes from the stomach
- In the small intestine – this is where the food is digested, the beneficial substances are absorbed, and then the rest of the food is sent to the next part.
- The valve – unwanted residues of food fed through the valve end up in the colon
- Large intestine – stools are formed here
- Rectum – through his stool is removed from the body
Disorders of these areas cause problems in the functioning of the entire organism.