If you are looking for a suitable orthodontist then following tips will be helpful to select the right one for your treatment.
- Ensure that your orthodontist is trained from a reputed institution and can offer treatment independently and also, he is a member of a professional dental association.
- Contact a Shawnee orthodontist to check whether his clinic is clean and up-to-date with all the latest techniques.
- Check whether they are using digital x-rays, as it will use 50% of the radiation as compared to any traditional film x-rays.
- Check for cone beam type of x-ray machine, which is like medical CAT scan and exposes much less radiation to patients. orthodontist buffalo grove il can take 3-dimensional x-rays and precisely locate your impacted or un-erupted teeth.
- Check for 3-D scanner which will make electronic models of your teeth instead of using traditional molds for your orthodontic records.
- Check how much experience your orthodontist has and how many cases has he handled in a year. If you need orthodontic treatment by using Invisalign, then it will really make sense to consider a dentist who has plenty of Invisalign experience.
- Also check whether the dentist has soft tissue laser which is generally used for performing minor gum procedures e.g. uncovering any slowly erupting teeth as well as removing over-grown tissues in the gum.
- Try to find out, what does the orthodontist do for preventing “white spots” on your teeth after your braces will be removed. These white spot lesions can be caused by either poor oral hygiene or diets which are high in sugar e.g. sodas.
By using mechanical toothbrushes like Sonicare toothbrush can help to make removal of your plaque easier. Besides, there are sealants which can be easily placed on your surfaces of teeth for making them tougher to white spots.
- Does the orthodontist have facility to speed up the orthodontic treatment? Nowadays, there are many ways of speeding up the orthodontic treatment.
One such device called Acceledent which is an oral appliance that is hands free, which will be held between the teeth for twenty minutes per day. Certain micro-vibrations will be produced which will speed up the orthodontic tooth movement almost by 30 to 50%.