As far as yoga asanas go, Surya Namaskar is undoubtedly one of the most unique, most beneficial ones. Consisting of 12 gracefully linked asanas, Surya Namaskar is an ancient practice performed as a salutation to the Sun, a Hindu god considered as the source of light and life. This asana begins with warmup asanas, gradually flowing into more advanced ones. Each asana focuses on a different part of your body which makes this an essential asana to include in your daily routine. Surya Namaskar practised at a faster pace is also considered to be an excellent form of cardio with multiple benefits for both your physical and mental health. If you have been looking for the perfect asana to steer your current lifestyle towards a healthier one, there is no better one to go for than Surya Namaskar. Here’s how Surya Namaskar can keep you young and healthy:
- Helps in Weight Loss: Surya Namaskar is a yoga asana that puts pressure on your abdominal muscles, pushing your digestive system to function smoothly. It helps relieve bottled up gas and get rid of problems like constipation, irregular bowel movements by boosting metabolism. Functions such as these rapidly burn calories throughout the day and aids in weight loss even when you are not working out.
- Strengthens Muscles: Surya Namaskar is known for being an asana that requires one to push their limits in terms of flexibility. It requires you to flex and mould your body into different positions that increase muscle strength, flexibility, get rid of any muscle tension allowing your body to relax more. This relieves any consistent joint pains you may be experiencing and also plays a huge part in strengthening your spine.
- Prevents Diseases: One of the main aspects of our body that is very important to keep us healthy is the functioning of our organs. Surya Namaskar causes your energy levels to rise with an increase in the oxygen levels in your body. Heightened supply of fresh, oxygenated blood to various systems helps them function smoothly and prevent lung infections, cardiovascular diseases, heart problems and more.
- Improves Mental Health: Since there is a direct correlation between one’s mental health and physical health, keeping mental health under check is of the essence. Regular practice of Surya Namaskar controls the production of the stress hormone called cortisol in your body. This reduces the impact of negative stressors. It also causes an increase in the release of happy chemicals such as serotonin and dopamine, keeping you in high spirits.
- Gives Healthy Skin: As Surya Namaskar increases oxygen levels in your body, it has various positive effects on your skin. It gets rid of dead cells, deeply cleanses out any existing impurities and increases the production of healthy skin cells. This gives you smooth, glowing skin and also helps prevent signs of premature ageing.
Very few exercises provide the same amount of benefits as Surya Namaskar, so making this a regular practice is absolutely necessary. Try out different variations of this asana with guidance from professionals at cult.fit it and work with what’s best for you. Surya Namskar is the key to a healthier life, so get started!